Tuesday, September 21, 2010

day 41 of 365

I missed being grateful yesterday! I had so many amazing things to tell and reflect on, but after 2 days of getting ready for a party, having a party, recouping from a party and then being hit with the baby having a stomach flu (on his birthday nonetheless)..... it has been quite hectic. Well the party was definitely worth it and we had a great time, my son received many nice things, had a great time and enjoyed his company and I did too.
Yesterday I would have said how grateful I was for so many blessings. For having my baby a year ago, for his health, his happiness and our health and happiness. My precious little one has brought joy to my life. Selfishly even though he was sick and not feeling well, I enjoyed his clingy cuddly personality yesterday. He lay with his head on my chest moaning for his aching belly and I was brought back to day one where his naked skin lay against mine and I felt the warmth of his being against me. Motherhood is an amazing thing. As much pain and aching I went through 1 year ago to bring the little one into the world, I can't help(like they say) forget what it was like. I guess that is God's way of wanting you to have experienced the birth but not dwelling on all the negative aspects of it. That baby that you bring into the world is 100 times more important then what you went through to get it here.
I am amazed at how 1 year ago my little 6lb 5oz bundle was laying against my chest and my 20lb 10 oz little man lay against my chest yesterday still needing his mama. I know that he will not always need me as much as he did then or does now. But I will be there to protect him the best I can and raise him to be the best adult he can be. That is really what we are raising kids to be, not to be the best kids that they can be but to be the best adults that they can be with the knowledge we have, the love we show and the commitment to showing them how to be the best they can be. I am proud of my son and all of his accomplishments thus far in life. I will continue to set a good example for him. To love and respect his decisions and teach him to respect and love others.
I am grateful for this challenge, this opportunity and I hope that I will make myself proud to be a mother, and my son proud to call me his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment