Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 62 of 365

What a Fantastic weekend! I had nothing pressing and was able to do a lot of little things that made a difference, to me at least. I love it when there are no commitments(which doesn't happen very often) and you can really decide what to do and enjoy it.
Today really started out a a pretty slow day, the usual things at work and then this afternoon I was gratefully busy and the day seemed to go faster despite the yawning every 5 minutes,, (I swear a co-worker and I were having a yawning contest, not certain why I am so tired, maybe that crazy dream that seemed to last all night.... one of those that really didn't make sense but you felt exhausted when you woke up.)and the day seemed to go faster and next thing I know it was time to go home, to my cute little boy and loving family.
Tonight I am grateful for the good nights sleep I am looking forward to. Heck, if I put it out there, in the universe.... it is bound to come true!
Talking to a close friend of mine on the way home from work who is experiencing some personal struggles It was reiterated to me that often times life is short, if it is lived at all, and things often happen beyond our control. We will not always be able explain the why but we can make the most of the experience, we can choose what we will learn and we can chose what we take away as the opportunity for the future. The outlook that she shared on her situation was a positive and encouraging one and I know that God has special things planned for their future, I can't tell you what they are just like I cannot predict my future, I can only hope and wish and dream and have faith in those things I hope for but do not see.
We are so used to living in an instant world that is difficult to wait for anything. - Kay Arthur
But as the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. and I might add BELIEVE!
I think if I ever got another tattoo that is what it would say BELIEVE! Believe that good things will come, believe that you are destined to do great things, believe that God is watching over you and will provide for you, Believe in the good, Believe in the opportunities hidden in bad things, Believe in Yourself... and so on... it really is a powerful word.

No comments:

Post a Comment