Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 53 of 365

So I am so super excited... One of my ultimate dreams is going to come true.....the goal I set for myself(although my original goal was by the time I was 30)...hey, I'm only 31 so I am on the right track.... patience, persistence, dedication, hard work, timing, confidence, it all plays a role in our dreams and goals. Seldom does something profound happen to the person who sits and waits for it to fall into their lap... rare cases yes, lottery winners, perhaps, people born into riches, maybe, but I think that there is something to say about success from hard work verses born into success or money.
How often do we see or have we heard or know those who have had it easy, those who can buy whatever they want when they want? I don't think that money necessarily produces happy people. Take some celebrities for example, they can buy what they want, have what they want but you can see all over the news that that doesn't necessarily make them happy, jumping from mate to mate, drugs, illegal activity and so on. Then there are others that have the money and are happy and do with it great things.
I see myself that if I truly make a success of my talents and work hard for what I earn, I will be satisfied with my abilities and know that my talents will show me my true self-worth.
I look forward to the next step in my journey, because as I have said before and I will continue to say, life is a journey, not a destination. It has its ups and downs, life's trials are not all based on successes or failures- they are based on growth and experience... a journey... not a destination.
A good thought... Rule number 7 according to Author:Og Mandino
Each day is a special gift from God, and while life may not always be FAIR, you must never allow the pains, hurdles, and handicaps of the moment to poison your attitude and plans for yourself or your future. You can never win when you wear the ugly cloak of self-pity, and the sour sound of whining will certainly frighten away any opportunity for success. Never again. There is a better way.
Remember that life isn't fair and it probably never will be. We must learn to live with the ups and downs and give it the best that we got and make the most of each of our individual circumstances to find true happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment