Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 107

Well today of all days is the day to be thankful... THANKSGIVING!
It is ironic that this day comes once a year. In reality Thanksgiving should be everyday. There are many things that we can be thankful for on a daily basis and we should reflect every year, not just on this day.
So what is Thanksgiving all about... is it the Pilgrims and Indians sitting around wooden tables in big hats and shoes with buckles eating with Indians in headdresses?
Not so much.
One source (By Joseph Farah World Net Daily) states that it is the Thanksgiving that the Pilgrims had once they separated from England and could prosper on their own, they were able to set up trading posts and trade with the Indians the corn they grew to pay off debts to London. "But it wasn't just an economic system that allowed the Pilgrims to prosper. It was their devotion to God and His laws. And that's what Thanksgiving is really all about. The Pilgrims recognized that everything we have is a gift from God – even our sorrows. Their Thanksgiving tradition was established to honor God and thank Him for His blessings and His grace."
This is pretty interesting since most people aren't aware that it is a Thanksgiving to God. But I like this concept for sure, and that is why we must be thankful everyday, especially for the little things we take for granted, and interestingly enough for the trials and tribulations that make us stronger and better individuals.
My Thanksgiving List:
My husband, son, mom and brother... my two dogs, my aunts my uncles my extended family, my mother and father in law, sister and brother in law and two nieces, and their extended family, for my closest friends that are like family, my friends, my co-workers, my neighbors, those who fight to keep my freedom and those who strive to keep our country nourished in beauty. For ALL the food that we take for granted that others in starving countries do not have access to 1/100th of what we have and sometimes even less than that. I pray for those that are able to give freely and bless the less fortunate with their time and resources to make the world a better place, and when I can I will. I am grateful for the beautiful Arizona weather in which I live, for the green grass in my yard and beautiful flowers to enjoy. I am thankful for my awesome house to live in, for all the toys we have accumulated over the years, for a cozy bed to sleep in when some may have none, cars to drive me places, computers to even put my thoughts out there, do work, surf the net and so on, for my cell phone that I can stay dialed in to loved ones or check on my baby when I am at work, for the peace in my heart, for feeling the presence of God in my life and for the strength to be the best me that I can, for patience, for wisdom, for talents that God's given me, may I use them wisely and with confidence and recognize what they are, I am thankful for all of this and more this day and always.

“It isn't what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment