Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 98

So this is the longest I have went without blogging in the last 3 months... jeez... i guess when you start your week out with 4 hours of sleep and you stare at a computer screen for 9 hours a day and talk on the phone, the last 2 things you want to do when you get home and do everything needed and put your child to bed, is get on the computer or the phone. I use to love to be on this thing... but lately I love my time away from it even more, it makes me want to go back to the pencil and paper days and jot down my thoughts.
Had a few great surprises this past week and still loving all the supportive people in my life. I have a list of things to do over the weekend to catch up, maybe if I do one thing a night it will help me in the end. Each day I can scratch something new off my list and feel accomplished and then I won't have to stay up too late one night or cram everything into my weekend.
Today I am grateful for nice co-workers, for good conversations with students, for friends who support me and unexpected mail, for my husband stopping to get dog food and for compliments at work on a job well done. For the ability to scratch one thing off my list of things to do tonight and hopefully 2 tomorrow, for going to the gym and getting a good work out and eating right. For getting a good laugh and for my son's unconditional love, even when we scold him, for the constant confidence to raise him the best I know how and for the dreams for my future, for the ability to embrace life and for my health.
You're blessed when you're content with just who you are- no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought.- Matthew 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment