Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Find the Blessings



Sometimes you get hit with everything at once that requires your attention. Sometimes I wonder if we are being tested, tested by God or the Devil? I guess either way what matters is our response. And even if our immediate response isn't good, we should know that we can always find something positive from a bad situation. Several encounters I had yesterday (I will spare you all the details) that required my attention could have spiraled me into a really negative attitude but I tried my best not to let them.  Believe me some produced some negative attention, others some tears and still others that made me wish it was already today. 

So many things run through my mind. Can I do this? Is it too much? Will I ever feel normal? What is normal? Am I always going to have stress or tension? Will I cry at the drop of a hat forever?  Do people think I am crazy? Am I crazy? Am I making the right decisions? Am I loosing my mind? Does Paxton think I am still a good mom... and on and on... but come on, we all are our worst critics and we all self-talk negatively some of the time. But it is our responsibility to try to change these thoughts around as soon as we can. We are fearfully and wonderfully made by God. We are all flawed, but we must remember the end goal which is eternal life in Heaven, here on Earth is where we are not perfect and that is how it is meant to be. 

The biggest thing to top my day was when we got home last night from Paxton's hitting session and when he went out to feed, his horse spooked and ended up kicking the main water line for all the animal waterers and busting the pipe completely off. This flooded her pen and when the water was shut off prevented any of the animals from getting water. I went out and looked at the situation. In my mind I said " I got this" - I sort of knew how it was suppose to be fixed and I knew Steve had a bucket full of stuff in the garage for such incidents that needed fixing. I however doubted my ability to get it done without balling my eyes out or getting frustrated with myself and ended up calling the neighbor, who him and his dad, visiting from out of state, came at 9:00 pm to rescue me. After about an hour of evaluating, fixing and re-fixing it was fixed and I feel way more confident the next time that I might even venture fixing it myself if it happens again, which I am pretty convinced it will granted we have a bucket with a fixing kit that Steve already had made up. 

My husband may not have been all that organized but he was always prepared. He had multiples of things and always set up stuff to be "easier" to work on. Even though I may not note yesterday as a great day in my journal, I can't help but be grateful to be set up for success, even with all the upkeep I have and for all the friends we have that pitch in to help us when we need them. 

Find the blessings in your crappy day and focus on them. It can make all the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment