Sunday, December 5, 2021

My Own Hallmark Movie

 


For those of you who know me well know that I am a Hallmark movie kind of gal. I’m a writer, and I crave a good love story with a happy ending no matter how predictable it is. But my true love of these movies is they always seem to take place in a small town where people are compassionate, friendly and always willing to help each other out. These feel-good movies are definitely not real life to a T- But I will tell you I love living in a small town that is as close to a Hallmark movie setting as I can get, and it is super cute and rich in history as well which is a bonus!

 

Local business owners and the town getting together to make special times such as Christmas a place to gather for family and friends to spread cheer, laughter, and love throughout the community. To make outsiders feel welcomed and to support one another. People are friendly, they genuinely care about one another, come together in difficult circumstances, and support each other’s businesses. Just like borrowing a cup a sugar from a neighbor, if you need something and they have it, they are going to share. I am so grateful that my company owner chose Florence and chose me to open her most recent branch in my town. My sense of connection and purpose are a little more defined and the timing was perfect. 

 

The event and parade for Christmas on Main has been around for years, last year due to Covid it wasn’t a go. But this year it was business as usual. And I was so excited to be a part of it instead of a spectator! My Business partner Michelle and I sponsored Face Painting and A Balloon Artist for the kids at our office and it was a steady line for the whole 2 hours we offered it! So many people came out and gathered. The businesses stayed open late, with activities for the kids and adults. The lines for food were long, Santa and the Grinch came to visit. The mayor counted down to lighting the street, which was beautiful, by the way, as the lights came on up and down Main St, all at one time. There was fake snow falling from the Silver King (who said it doesn’t snow here) and dancing in the street. The float lights lit up the town as they passed by and waived, candy was scooped up from the street by excited little kids and I had the best view from our balcony.

 

Many friends/acquaintances stopped by to see our new office, and I received all the hugs I needed for the day and some for a few days after that. Besides the constant asking of “how are you doing” in that now all to familiar tone of , worry, where I often just reply back, “I am here, we are doing the best we can.” I had a great last few days. I was busy, I was occupied, and I had a purpose that ran right alongside people’s enthusiasm for the Season, and that is what makes me smile and will make me continue to give, besides the fact I have so much bottled up love with no where to go, I have always had a big heart and loved to see the impact my community service has on others, even if it is just to see a little kid light up with the fact that they didn’t have to pay to have a unicorn painted on their face, or a balloon monkey sit on their shoulder.

 

I have been blogging since 2010- all my post forward will be after this huge life event that has affected me like nothing I have experienced this far, but not all of my posts will be centered around grief as I learn to live alongside my grief instead of consumed within it. 

Being in the right place at the right time helps- surrounded by the right people. I truly believe in destiny by Gods plan and I look forward to him guiding me in my next purpose although I wished I had a crystal ball sometimes, I will try to be patient and enjoy the journey, as best as I can. I will never know where it will lead or what happiness can come my way if I don't embrace the journey. 


“The old you has been left behind to leave place for the new you. And it will be a new you that your new friends will admire, that your old friends will struggle to understand and that your true friends will learn to embrace.”
― lauren klarfeld


Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." "Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment