Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 1 of 365

Today was a day like any other day! I realized(already knew), no wait I was reminded.. that sounds better... That life has so many more things to be thankful for then we actually reflect on. We are so busy in our lives worrying about the future, comtemplating the past and trying to fix what has already went wrong or hasn't yet happened. Do we ever really live in the present for the moment? Many of us don't. We know that we should but we are too busy "what ifing" the past and preparing how we will take care of the future. I may sound a little redundant, however I think we need to reflect that this is something we do out of habit.
Humans in general are habitual. When we forget that we are living in the moment and we can only control what we have at any given moment. Dwelling on the past will not rewind time and allow us to do it over, no matter how many t.v. shows they have made allowing us to think that this is a possibility, nor can we worry about what may become of our future for it hasn't yet happened. We can only control our present. We cannot always control our circumstances, but we can control what we do, what we say and how we act. Our attitude has a lot to do with our outcome.
Over the next year I hope to live more in the present by spending the end of each day reflecting on only the good that has happened no matter how small and refusing to let others negativity bring me down.
Today I will start by saying I am grateful to be alive, to have the family that I do and to be on God's earth to share this experience with others.
I am grateful for my home and car, my job - no matter how much I would rather have less of a commute, get paid what I am worth or something I am better suited to do.
I will continue to be happy, strive to do the best job I can at all I do, and that is all I SHOULD expect of myself.
I want to be able to say that I no longer let my life or circumstances no matter how unfair they may seem control my life, I will control my life.
I am starting today committing to myself that I will no longer be a victim to circumstance I will only allow it to make me a better person.


thought of the day:
Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.
Keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors.
Keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits
Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values.
Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.

- Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment