Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 11 of 365

Yesterday was filled with busy! As we wrapped up the evening laying on the couch-no t.v. listening to and watching the storm I went over in my mind all the things I was grateful for that day. Simple things can go along way.
Paxton took a 3 hour nap, which allowed him to play more at his cousins party.
My cookies turned out good for Taryn's party.
I was able to get ready, work on some computer stuff and clean my kitchen from the cookies.
The burning smell in the dishwasher was just a spatula that got stuck to the coil and luckily we did not either experience a fire or have to dish out money for a new dishwasher at this time! Praises to God!!!!!
Steve got his Ford truck tires rotated (before we escape to the Mountains for Labor Day) and he was able to go to home depot to get stuff to fix or sprinklers in the backyard.
Paxton was in a pretty good mood, although I have come to the conclusion that he is evidently shy when it comes to big crowds of people until he warms up to everyone, even people he knows... his 1st birthday party should be interesting!
Even though it was hot and sticky, Taryn had a great birthday and we really enjoyed hanging out with everyone.
And that brings me back to the simplicity of enjoying the sound of the rain. Rain is a calming breath for me. I have always LOVED the rain, the sound, the smell and the blessings it brings to all the plants and crops to grow more hearty and full.
A small miracle from the sky.
My simple blessings of the day are many no matter how small they seem.
"Earth with her thousand voices, praises God" - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

No comments:

Post a Comment