Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 6 of 365

Okay so I guess I fell asleep before writing last night, and then I woke up at 12 with a child with a tummy ache… so sad, and should have probably wrote since I was already awake… but did not.
My thoughts on yesterday: I took a Meditation stress relief workshop, on how to relax and calm yourself wherever you are. It was only about 20 minutes long and a lot of it I already knew but just did not take the time to apply it in my life.
I think a lot of people do this. We don’t think we have time for ourselves. It is really sad. I think that maybe if we did take that time for ourselves it may make our life better in other areas.
The workshop posed questions you can ask yourself to help relieve your stress on a daily basis by identifying what is causing you to be stressful on a regular basis, which situations are under your complete control focus on what you can do to minimize the stress from the sources you listed.
How much time do I really take a day for myself? I guess it varies. How much time do I wish I could spend on just me? Probably at least 2 hours of my 24 hour day. I really do love to do things for other people and it makes me feel good about myself to do this, but I rush through things for myself a lot of times to make more time to do stuff for other people and I really do suffer in the long run. I think if we could as individuals commit 15-45 true minutes a day whether it is at one time or in intervals we would be more productive as well as more appreciated by others.
Today my commitment to myself is to give 30 minutes per day to just me. Working out at lunch, meditating before bed or reading a book will help me relax and refresh to be more productive and beneficial in both my job and home life.
I am grateful that even though my son woke with a stomachache I was able to put him back to sleep for the rest of the night within one hour and go back to bed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment