Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 5 of 365

So tomorrow is Monday.... The weekend I could say wasn't long enough, but I suppose it is the same length every weekend.
I am grateful that I got a lot of things done that I set out to do.
I think I will start by saying my week ahead is going to be a great one.
I will try to follow the advice of one of my favorite authors, Og Mandino.
One of his 17 rules to live by: Today and everyday, deliver more than you are getting paid to do. The victory of success will be half won when you learn the secret of putting out more than is expected in all that you do. Make yourself so valuable in your work that eventually you will become indispensable. Exercise your privilege to go the extra mile and enjoy all the rewards you receive you deserve them.
A co-worker of mine discussed a book she read that focused on the fact that most people live for Friday, but in fact if we are living for Friday every week for that 2 day weekend, we really aren't living Monday-Thursday, which is the majority of our week. Most of us spend 5 days a weeks at work and only 2 days a week off. Which means if we are always living for the 2 day weekend, we are only living 104 out of 365 days of the year, not including vacation or holidays. That is less than 1/2 of the year. WOW! Makes you think.
If we could only put as much effort into our work week, and actually enjoy what we do on a daily basis, even if it is not our ultimate job, we may tend to add a little more happiness to our lives. We may make a tad bit more effort and put our whole mind into what we are doing at work rather than constantly looking toward the future Friday when the 2 day weekend will be here, which may even lead to us performing better at work and turn into a promotion or two down the road.
So today I challenge myself to put my mind into every day, to give it my 100% like I mentioned a couple days ago, and to track and see if any positive results come my way. I will keep you posted.
I challenge anyone reading this to pay a little more attention to what is going on right now in your life, do not worry as much about your future because you just might miss something, right now today, that will for tell what your future holds.
Under promise, over deliver. Don't try to be all things to all people, do your best and don't expect too much of yourself, because others will too.
I could go through this day oblivious to the miracles around me, or I could tune in and "enjoy." - Gloria Gaither

No comments:

Post a Comment