Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 8 of 365

So today was a pretty great day, except my kid is screaming his head off in his room right now and even though he is so tired, he is having a hard time falling asleep.
I need to get to work on some BPO's I have the opportunity to do to make a little extra money to buy some "new" car seats because apparently car seats expire, so my thought to "borrow" or get them off of Craig's List will not be coming true anytime soon. Who knew? Due to safety features I suppose, like the wear and plastic and weathering conditions. A friend of mine even googled it today and I guess it is true. They have a 5-6 year life from the manufactured date, and a lot of them have a stamp on the back of the seat that says... do not use after (with a month and year). Which means that if it sits on the shelf for a year of that, then poof you have 1 year less to use it.
So not something I was really looking forward to spending my extra money on, (but at least I have the extra money to use) but I can't imagine not doing the safest thing for my child. However, I suppose I didn't even sit in a car seat, but then again we want to do the best we can for those we love and not let them down.

A friend of mine sent me this quote at work that she got from another co-worker, no one is really sure where it came from, but I really liked it and thought it was worth sharing.

As we grow up, we learn that the one person that wasn’t supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it gets harder every time. You’ll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You’ll fight with your best friend. You’ll blame a new love for things an old one did. You’ll cry b/c time is passing too fast, and you’ll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you’ve never been hurt because every 60 seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you’ll never get back.

I thought this was really true. We spend too much time worrying, trying to fix things, being unhappy, blaming ourselves for things that went beyond our control, being afraid to do the things we really want for fear of failure, that we don't concentrate on being happy, and if we did concentrate on this a little harder, we truly may enjoy our lives that much more.
I also saw this quote on the whiteboard at the gym today:
You block your dreams when you allow your fears to grow bigger than your faith.
You have to have faith to pursue your dreams, no matter what your dream is you have to trust your hopes not your fears.
Today I am thankful that I live in a country that allows me the opportunity to pursue my dreams.
Today I will worry a little less, love a little more, and be happy despite my circumstances, I don't want to waste my time being unhappy, because it truly is a minute I will never get back, and being unhappy really doesn't change what has already been done, so I think this will truly change things in my life and my dreams will begin to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment