Sunday, August 29, 2010

day 19 of 365

So I guess I took a blog hiatis, did I say I would post everyday or did say I would post for 365 days! Well, whatever, I did not post for a few days.
I guess I just really didn't feel I had words to put together that didn't sound like I was aimed at rambling on about nothing important.
Today it was again reiterated to me of how precious life is and how fortunate I am to be at this place in my life. No matter how unfair I feel things are going or the negative things that are happening in my life at this time. I know that we all struggle. I know that I need to put my faith and hope in the right place. I know that " with God nothing is impossible" - Luke 1:37
We have a few friends who we know are struggling WAY more than we are, with circumstances that are unimaginable compared to our own.
We have a friend with 3 kids who has cancer with a 50/50 chance of recovery within the next 5 years. I just recently learned that a friend of mine from high school was in a rollover accident in the mountains of CO this past weekend that left him severly injured and fighting for recovery. Please take a moment if you are reading this to pray for these families.

This is one of my favorite song lyrics: I listened to this everyday when my mother was in the hospital in 2006 and it helped sustain me.
Praise You in This Storm
words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms

I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

Chorus

I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth

This song is truly beautiful and comforting. We know that not all things are in our control, not all things are going to be our will- we must acknowledge every breath we take as a miracle of living, we must savor every moment we have with those we love. We must cherish the good and work through the bad because one day could be our last and one second could change the course of our path forever. Our attitude and choice for how we live our lives can really make a difference if we can accept our circumstances and value or blessings or if we give up and allow the tragedies to get the best of us.
I am going to live my life to the fullest I can and be the best person I can. Although I am human and may need to vent or get a little pity every once in awhile I will pick myself up, dust myself off and truly feel blessed for my good fortunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment