Friday, August 13, 2010

day 3 of 365

Wow, what a day... it all goes back to the what if... when something goes wrong... as guess what it sometimes will, can we really make it better by playing the what if game, what if we were in the wrong place at the wrong time, what if we would have just done this instead? Are any of these what ifs changing the outcome of the day? I think not, but as humans we insist on going to that place over and over again, trying to rehash what went wrong and how we can change it, and guess what folks? WE CAN'T. So to me running it over and over in your head will only make it worse, because we can't rewind time and make it disappear. So if we stop pretending we can we would probably get over it a lot quicker by just excepting it as what happened and really move on.
Being a natural multitasking women who is full of emotion, compassion and sensitivity I often think like many women out there that we let others dictate what we should expect of ourselves and I think that is what makes us try to hard and end up disappointing not only ourselves but others along the way. Guess what, we can't do it all and we can't be all things to all people. When we accept that we are who we are and be a strong person in that sense instead of trying to be so many things, we will definitely prosper. I think we definitely learn these things from our parents and others we encounter along the way. We can chose to be a victim in any circumstance or we can chose to learn from it. We can have a little pity party.... cry a little, pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off, because if we can't erase it we might as well accept whatever the circumstance and move on. Why things happen is literally beyond my knowledge... but maybe God has some reason that we may never know. So i will just go with that, accept it.
There is nothing that will happen to me today that God and I can't handle together. And I say to myself, I am an upbeat, hope filled enthusiastic woman who trusts her hopes not her fears... I said this in an email to a friend several years ago, and she pointed out to me over the phone just a few days ago that she reminds herself of this saying many times in her life when she starts to think twice, get scared or doubt her choices. It almost gave me the chills that something I said years ago stuck and made an impact with someone else,; I was reminded that I must continue to say this to myself every morning I wake up and look into the mirror.
Today I am thankful for all the sacrifices my mother made when I was growing up to help shape me into the person I am today, despite losing my father.
I am thankful for my husband who loves my son with his whole heart.
I am forever grateful for the support I receive in all that I do from my family and friends.
Fear Thou not; for I am with thee- Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment