Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 13 of 365

So today is really today. Good Job Dani!
I can't believe it is 10 pm and I am still up. I am not even tired. I am not sure where my extra bout of energy has come from but I will probably be crashing tomorrow. Nonetheless I wanted to share some reflections of my day.
So often times I hear and speak the phrase " I can't afford it"
I have read and watched many books and videos that tell you that you should never say such a thing. By saying this you are putting this thought out into the universe and you will continue to not be able to afford it. When we constantly say we "can't" do something we are limiting our success. This really is a downer, however we all do it. You would think it would be a simple fix to replace those damaging negative words with positive and hopeful sayings, and heck sometimes I do, but often times we revert back to our old ways if our results are not quick enough.
Take the gym for instance. I went today at lunch, I worked my upper body, I did a little spin on the bike. I felt great afterwards. It is Monday, I started off the week on the right foot. ( I have done this many times) I counted my calories and ate healthy... but how many of us try this for a period of time and either don't get the immediate results we are looking for, or we feel like we will never get to where our weight needs to be that the crucial minute that we have the opportunity to binge on that one delicacy we don't give it a second thought? We follow with the excuse that our "diet" or "healthy eating plan" isn't working or we will NEVER reach our goal so we might as well stop trying, and then we find ourselves falling back into our old habit or pattern.
I think we can truly overcome any negative belief that limits us. As the author Jack Canfield of the Chicken Soup for the Soul Series has said.
You can start by writing those beliefs you want to change in a list as step 1
Example: Nobody is interested in my opinion: What I think is not important
Then when you are finished with your list pick one and go from there.
Step 2 determine how it is limiting you.
Step 3 Decide how you want to be, act or feel
4. create a turn around statement to affirm or give you permission to be, act of feel that way.
For example: Negative: I can't do anything right, so why even try?
Turnaround: I can do many things right, and each time I try something new, I learn and get better.
(from his book Success Principles) How to get from where you are to where you want to be. None of us can change our yesterdays, but all of us can change our tomorrows. -Colin Powell
Today I am thankful for my beautiful house, my loving husband, my amazing child, my dedicated mother, my well behave dogs, my rewarding job, my multi talents, and God's unconditional love.
Tomorrow, I will again try to make only positive statements, and when I catch myself saying something negative I will replace it with positive thoughts, I will go to the gym, count my calories... and yes.... love myself for who I am because Dr. Suess says Today you are you, that is truer than true, there is no one alive that is Youer than YOU!-

No comments:

Post a Comment