Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 9 of 365

So just about everything I have today is confidential and can't be put into print, fantastic... so what can I possibly write about, my whole day seems to be unbloggable(lol) is that even a word?
Well, lets go to my day in a round about way. Do you ever feel the need to vent to someone about something that you have "heard" is not right, not sure what you are trying to gain in the meantime? I spent most of my day combating other person's fears of the unknown, of what they were told was something that was not real or altered in such a way that it seemed every bit unfair and unreal to them. In calming them down and getting them to view a situation in a different light was truly exhausting for me.
As I would say my job today was one of a mediator. I could say in both my personal and professional life today I tried to comfort those that fear the unknown. To be the bridge between their fear and the truth. Am I fearless, heck no, but I chose to believe that things will work themselves out, that we cannot progress in life if we don't take a few risks and have a little fear. But I have to believe (as I will say time and time again) you have to TRUST your HOPES not your FEARS.
I think that I spend a great deal of my time worrying about what might happen and you know what? It might not happen, so I am wasting time that I could be doing other things or being happy with what I have and where I am in the current moment.
All of this because I am afraid of what may happen at a future date, that may NOT happen. I know this sounds a little silly, but it is true.
How many of us spend parts of our day contemplating the unknown, fearing what it is that might happen to us inhibiting something in our future plan or schedule so much that we are missing NOW. The power of now is really powerful and could just effect what will happen in the future, meaning we may have more control over what happens than you might think, make good decisions now, and if you aren't sure if they are good or bad, go with your gut, pray about it, listen to your inner self or whatever it is that you do, be confident in your decision. Don't turn back and know that you made the best decision for you at the time that you made it. If a few years down the road you find out it hasn't turned out to be the best decision you could have made, go with the fact that at the time you made the decision, with the circumstances that surrounded you and the feeling it gave you, you did the best you could.
- Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly. -Robert F Kennedy
Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great? -Jimmy Johnson

Progress always involves risk; you can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. -frederick wilcox
I have lived a long life and had many troubles, most of which never happened. -mark twain
Today I am grateful for the words I needed to speak to those who needed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment