Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 14 of 365

I did go to bed about 11:15, laid there for what seemed like forever before falling asleep. I guess that afternoon cup of coffee kept me a little wired, in my mind at least.
Paxton woke up about 12:50 but only in my ear for about 10 mins, I didn't even get out of bed to check on him, and then I was wide awake at 4:00, 15 minutes before my alarm went off, go figure.
So I guess I was really tired this morning, I kind of went along, not my usual bubbly self, until after 10:00, when someone on my team at work reminded me by saying how bubbly that I usually am, and pointed out that enthusiasm is contagious. I decided that I would probably have a better day if I was that person.I did try to turn all my negative comments around into positive ones. I felt like I motivated a few people today. I actually did get a little more energy, especially after I worked out at lunch. That work out gives me a little more stamina to finish out my day strong and on a positive note.
I wasn't too tired until now.
I am going to try working 6-4 with an hour extra a day. A little extra cash never hurt anyone, but I do think my bedtime will be a little sooner.
I have a few things that I would like to accomplish before I retire, this being one of them.
Today I am grateful that I was reminded that my bubbly attitude makes a difference, that I have the opportunity to work a little overtime, that I made it to work and home safely. The rain was awesome tonight and the lightening and thunder were amazing. We were standing outside at one point and I thought the thunder was going to bust our eardrums, I have never been that close before to hear it that loud, I can't even describe how loud it was. But it made me realize the beauty of nature, the awesome and amazing wonders that God presents to us on a day to day basis that we often take for granted.
It is truly a wonder the gifts he gives us that do not cost a dime and yet are so priceless, but worth more than one can ever fathom. Never neglect the little things.
Tomorrow I will spread contagious enthusiasm to all that I encounter. I will spread a little joy, offer that word of praise or encouragement, and show that my life is worth living, it is much happier than sad, I have many more blessings than tribulations and I can show others how to be satisfied with what they have by my example. You can't have what you want, until you want what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment